Monday, January 7, 2008

Whew, Holidays!

So it's been a long exhausting month since we found out about the baby. The holidays offered us an amazing time to go home (both Morris and Springfield) and share with family and friends our good news. Our parents reactions were much to be expected with some screams, sarcasm and tears shed. It was exciting. We were also able to tell some friends of their upcoming "aunt and uncle" responsibilities.


Since our last blog a number of things have changed with pregnancy. I found out that my due date is August 20 (which makes me about 8 weeks on Wednesday). I still have not received a gift from the morning sickness fairy. Which is a huge blessing. I am still tired allllll the time and hungry about 20 minutes after I'm full. And, the biggest change, we got to hear the baby's heartbeat. They confirmed that they only saw one baby and that the heartbeat is strong at about 150 beats per minute. The cysts that I have are still there and there has been no change in them. So I guess in that one no news is good news. We go back again on Feb 1 and we will actually meet with the doctor. I think that should ease some nerves that I especially have. It will be good to ask some questions.


I've realized that I don't understand (even more now) how people can have abortions. I heard the baby's heartbeat at 7 weeks. And people have abortions later than that. I don't understand how they cannot view their baby as a human life. (*Disclaimer: I do not dispise, hate or anything like that people who have had abortions. I know people who have had it done who I have the utmost respect for and appreciate them greatly. I'm just trying to grasp the concept*). My heart hurts for people like that and it has made me think about people who have gone through that procedure. I know one person in particular who continues to think about what could have been and regrets their decision. I have heard that most women do regret it. Especially if they have children later in life. I wonder what their view becomes after that. I guess I'm more prone now to getting upset about things like that. I get more upset about children being abused and murdered. It just makes me hurt. I've also learned that my life will never be the same again. I'm trying to put positive stuff in my reading material about pregnancy instead of all the things that "could happen" that usually don't happen.


Here is our first picture. It was taken while I was 5 weeks 1 day. We do have a new one, we just have to get it scanned.








No comments: