So I realized this week that I have 5 weeks (less now) left with this pregnancy. What's so crazy to me is that is was around 5 weeks that I found out that I was pregnant. It almost seems like yesterday. These past 8 months have definitely flown by. My concept of time has changed in all aspects of my life. Now I equate the first half of 2008 with pregnancy weeks and what I looked like then.
I guess I should put in a disclaimer. I have just a smidge less than 5 weeks left (exactly one month tomorrow) until the doctors say I'm due. I think that they are off a week and a half. However, Elijah is the only one who really has the final say in the whole thing anyway.
It has definitely been a whirlwind year. A lot of things have happened and changed not only in our personal lives but in our family's lives as well. We went through all the milestones with Elijah growing inside of me but at the same time a small piece of our hearts was in Illinois with family. It's hard being pregnant and e-mailing you mom with the progress. It's even harder when your dad is "too old" to get internet so you can e-mail him the progress and pictures.
We have been through the passing of family and friends and also the birth of babies. We have been through a terrible Michigan economy and job loss. We have had triumphs and let downs. We have seen and heard of our grandparents failing health and listened to our parents when they are worn out from hospital visits and taking care of their parents. We have also moved and started new jobs. It's pretty amazing how much can happen in just 7 1/2 months. And just think, all this time, Elijah is none the wiser to what is going on in the outside world. He has just continued to grow, kick, practice gymnastics and hiccupped. He gets to experience the outside world soon with all of it's problems and successes.
I just can't wait to meet him...
No comments:
Post a Comment