Sunday, October 12, 2008

Goin' Home...

It's always nice to say, "I'm going home". I have found that over the years I have multiple "homes". I have my Springfield home. I have my Morris home (even though I have never lived there) and now I have my Owosso home. I'm sure that when I say that I'm going home people probably have no clue which one I'm talking about.

Eli and I are leaving today to go to Illinois for the week. I have two lia sophia shows and some family to see. I'm quite excited. However, I have to be a single parent this week. Thadd is unable to take off work to come so it is just me a E coming home.

The last time I came, I went to surprise my nephew by picking him up at school. A girl walked up to me (I didn't know her) and started asking me questions. The one big question that she asked was if being a parent was hard. She was like 16 years old and I just wanted to tell her of all the reasons she should wait to become a parent (or have sex for that matter). However, I only said this one thing, "I could never be a single mom." Immediately this girl understood me. I told her that it was hard and that my husband was amazing and helped out tons.

I now have looked at my own mother in a new light. She was a single mom raising two kids. I now understand what she sacrificed for us. I think about my nephews mom and other women that I know who are/were single parents. I can't imagine not having someone there to hand E off to when I just need a break. I've tried with the dogs but they always say that they can't because they don't have thumbs.

Pray for our travel...and my sanity. :-)

No comments: