Thadd has posed this question to me many times. Probably because I'm the one who is into watching reality tv. I don't watch them all the time but I do watch them. I've thought about this question all week. I'm still struggling with an answer. However, on that same note, I do read other people's blogs. I guess that would be along the same lines. Why do people care about what others are doing?
I read a blog the other night that made me laugh. It was a guy that I went to high school with. He's someone I was friends with and like everyone else from high school, I lost contact with until social networking came into play. I'm friends with him on Myspace. Through his myspace I found his blog and I read it occasionally. Mostly to look at his pictures because I think that he is a great photographer. I went to his blog the other day and he made a post about how he doesn't like to accept friends on facebook who he hasn't talked to in years. The irony of this is that he has this very public blog, that is connected with other blogs in the Springfield area, but he doesn't want people to see his facebook?! I laughed. I wondered if he thought of the irony of it all.
So I ask the question, why. Why do we have this whole social networking fad to see what is happening in other peoples lives. I admit, I have had problems adding some people because I never talked to them in college or high school. Simply because I wonder why they care. I was amazed at how many people wanted to be my friend on myspace or facebook after Elijah was born. Maybe they are just using me to look at my cute kid?
No comments:
Post a Comment