This is a letter I plan to send to myspace:
Dear Tom,
I have decided to delete my myspace account, even though I have had one for 4 years. At one time I greatly enjoyed your services. That all changed the day I discovered that, even though you have a policy against it, you allow pornography to be posted on your site. I discovered this because someone on my friends list did just that. I was disgusted and could not believe that you allowed this to be posted.
I did delete that person's profile from my friends list. Even though I can no longer access that site, I'm sure that the pictures are still up there. I cannot run the risk of having more images like this posted again. I feel that if you have a rule in place you should make sure action is taken and that consequences follow. With the millions of dollars this site generates, I would only assume that you would have enough staff to patrol this properly.
I struggle with the fact that there are young kids on your site and could potentially see these images, especially since they are so readily available. I personally know a number of young teens that have accounts with your site. I worry for them and the fact that pornography is so widely accepted in society today. It ruins families, jobs and lives. Any chance I get to tell others what I have discovered on your site, I plan to. Especially parents who come to me and ask me my thoughts on myspace.
This same individual tried to post pictures on Facebook. However, on Facebook they were immediately deleted. I'm going to stick with a site that stays true to their values and rules.
Thank you.
Nicole Sparrow
No comments:
Post a Comment