As I reflect on these last final days of LBB (Life Before Baby) my thoughts are drawn to what I want my child to learn from me. So here are some of the many lessons/ideas swimming around in my mind.
10. Running into walls, movable or stationary, is never recommended
(unless they are padded of course)
9. Be willing to laugh at yourself.
8. Know that God created nature for you to enjoy, so take care of it.
7. Listen to people a little more experienced in life, they just might know what they’re
talking about.
6. When you fall down, know that it’s okay to ask for help to get back up. Just make sure
you get back up.
5. Love other people around you that God brings into your life. Always be willing to serve
and take care of other people’s needs.
4. Love and respect your mother
3. 3. Know that your mommy and I love you very, very much
While 2. While your parents love you, Jesus Loves You much more!
1. Lov 1. Love the LORD your God all the days of your life. Fear God and keep his
comm commandments. (Ez. 12:13)
I’m sure they will be many more lessons and things I will need to teach my child. And I anticipate those teachable moments when something is said or done that will open up an opportunity for him to truly get it. Right now I also pray that I will be open to God’s continual teaching in my life so that I can hand down to my child what God has handed to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment